Sunday, February 26, 2012

Carving Moulds



I've been trying my hand at carving some hump moulds for bowls.  As Steve Irvine informed us at his workshop, they take alot of time!  I find it less tedious and crazy making if I just spend an hour or two at a time working on them, so I've been keeping them under plastic and refining them as I have time.  I'm looking forward to asking my dentist if he can spare some old tools for me when I visit in a couple of days, now that I'm getting to the finishing stages.  The images above are reminiscent of the 40's era glass light fixture we have hanging over our dining room table!

The dining room light fixture--whose pattern I took notice of after I'd been carving for a few days!


Above are a few of the stamps and roulette type stamps I've been making.  I like using the wood stamps I got last year, and am excited to make my own out of clay.  All these moulds and stamps will be bisque fired and then be used to imprint patterns on wet clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment