Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Mugs


In the summer I bought a new mug from Tony Clennell that's a generous round shape with a robust handle.  I love using it for tea.  It's beautiful to look at and my hand cradles it perfectly.  Another mug I bought from fellow potter, Yukari Hazama Iverson at the Marlin Orchards sale Thanksgiving week-end is a very similar, although a more refined shape.  I love it too!  So, I made a batch of mugs with that hand cradling shape in mind and tried to make the handles more generous than I normally do.  I hope others enjoy the shape as much as I do.


These are the two mugs that inspired the new shapes.  Yukari's on the left and Tony's on the right.


Next time I'll aim for a more elevated foot and I feel I need to introduce more decorative elements into all of my pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment